I am thrilled to introduce to you the wonderfully talented Nicole from MOD Custom Catering
as my guest blogger today! Her and I teamed up recently to put together a few recipe blog posts for you. Nicole is brilliant in the kitchen and while she was cooking up this delicious soup I photographed and styled it. Lucky me I got to enjoy tasting the soup too! I hope you give it a try in your own kitchen soon.
The perfect soup to help reset our Holiday indiscretions and get us on the right foot for the New Year! Packed full of Vitamin C and antioxidants, a bowlful of this vibrant soup is sure to kick-start your immune system and keep you rock star ready all day long!
Ingredients - Servings 3-4
- 8 carrots
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 3 oranges juiced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 green onions
- In a medium pot, fry onion, garlic, celery and ginger in olive oil until clear.
- Add carrots and sweat for 8-10 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until carrots are cooked and tender.
- Add in orange zest and juice.
- Blend in blender or use a hand blender, and blend until smooth.
- Serve hot with a dollop of yogurt, green onion & cilantro.
- For vegan, use vegetable broth and eliminate yogurt
- Freeze extra ginger, then you have some on hand to grate as needed for other dishes - no need to defrost it before using it even!
- Try leftover soup cold in the morning as a great power-packed smoothie!