Maybe you are planning on staying in this weekend. And maybe you want to cook a nice meal for Valentine's Day.
Here is an awesome recipe you can try this weekend or any weekend for that matter. Guest blogger Nicole from MOD Custom Catering
shares her recipe for Ricotta Gnudi with Brown Butter, Sage & Enoki Mushrooms .
- 450g ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Large pinch of ground pepper
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour plus additional for coating
- 10 sage leafs
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- Large bunch enoki mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Line medium bowl with cheesecloth or several layers of paper towels. Spoon ricotta cheese into bowl. Let drain at least 30 minutes.
- Beat egg, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in large bowl to blend. Mix in ricotta.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup flour over and stir gently to blend. Cover and chill dough 1 hour.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with plastic wrap and top with thin layer of flour. Place extra flour on work surface. Gently roll dough into logs until 1 inch thick. Cut into 1"x1" logs and place on floured baking sheet.
- Gently place gnudi into simmering water.
- While gnudi are cooking, heat butter over medium heat, until brown and bubbly (5-7 mins). Add in torn sage leafs for 2-3 mins, then remove onto paper towel. Strain brown butter through a mesh strainer to remove brown particles.
- Gnudi are done when they rise to the surface (5 mins). Remove with slotted spoon and place in colander to drain.
- Mix gnudi with brown butter and sage. Top with crushed hazelnuts & enoki mushrooms that have had bottom third removed and been rinsed under cold water.
- Gnudi can be made ahead and stored on baking sheet in fridge for up to 4 hours
- Brown butter sauce is delish on so many dishes - try it with green beans and almonds with a squirt of lemon juice!